- Responsible for the overall organization, planning and management of new, revenue generating events and tournaments. Tasks include, but are not limited to;
- Serve as Tournament Director for select events
- Identify profit goals, develop event budget based on those goals.
- Recruit and solicit participant registrations.
- Develop and execute marketing plan for tournament/event including email, Facebook, promotions, direct sales calls and attendance at trade shows and conferences as necessary.
- Schedule all games during the tournament/event.
- Communicate game schedule to all key stakeholders including teams, coaches, concessions, athletic trainers, referees and staff.
- Sanction tournaments with the appropriate governing bodies.
- Formulate tournament/event rules.
- Establish tournament/event entry fees;
- Recruit and manage volunteers;
- Arrange for athletic trainers.
- Maintain tournament/event website and registration links.
- Develop tournament/event T-shirt designs and establish purchase quantities and other novelties to be sold on site;
- Contract with referee associations for referees;
- Order trophies and awards;
- Ensure all tournament funds and receipts are segregated and maintained as required to meet generally accepted accounting principles.
- Serve as event liaison to third party tournament rentals.
- Communicate game schedule to all key stakeholders including concessions, athletic trainers, referees and staff.
- Schedule volunteers, parking attendants, cleaning services and part time staff.
- Effectively communicate all DE TURF policies to third party rentals including parking fees, directions, concession menus and emergency action plans.
- Oversee parking logistics. Ensure parking fees are collected and reconciled after each tournament.
- 3-5 years of proven sales and revenue generating experience.
- 3-5 years of proven tournament management experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of working in the youth sports industry preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Being able to develop strong client relationships.
- Must be organized, creative and enthusiastic.
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to develop and oversee tournament budgets.
- This position requires working nights and weekends.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
Compensation: Base + Commission
Interested applicants may contact:
Chris Giacomucci, Executive Director